Monday, November 07, 2005

QLC

Thanks to taking some time away from blogging, I have managed to find a bit more time to read. Last Saturday, a book caught my notice when I was at the library. I borrowed it and found myself reading it.

The title: Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life in Your Twenties, authored by: Alexandra Robbins, Abby Wilner.

If you are fast enough, QLC, the acronymn of the title of this post refers to Quarter-life Crisis. If this terminology is new to you, Wikipedia has a page about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter-life_crisis.

As I read the book, I wonder if I might have been going through some kind of quarter-life crisis to some extent? I wonder if those periods of intense questioning and that I have been going through were symptoms of QLC?

Not all that the book says apply to me. I doubt that all that the book says would be fully relevant contextually to people living in this part of the world that I am living in because of the cultural and environmental differences. Out of curiosity, I wonder how QLC would be experienced differently in this part of the world?

While not all in the book apply to my situation, it seems to be comforting and at least normalising, to find that those questions in my mind could be simply normal to this phase of life that I am in. And if it helps to share with the folks who might be going through QLC unknowingly, here is a post to put a name to their experiences and to attempt to normalise it.

By the way, this page gives some idea about how to deal with QLC:
http://www.handbag.com/relationships/yourlife/haveitallpressure/

Pleasant reading.

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

Two quarter life crisis.....isn't that mid-life crisis?