Saturday, January 29, 2005

Busy Chinatown

This afternoon, my colleague and myself were in office to organise a sharing session at our centre. The speaker shared about her experiences as a divorced single-parent and her learning points. I felt I have gained some insights from attending her sharing session.

Her sharing somehow projected a sense of hope that no matter how tough things may seem, if one works slowly yet steadily towards changes, one could still bring about improvements in one's life.

She highlighted how she felt it was useful for her to spend time to build rapport with her children, and how it was helpful not to speak any ill about the ex-spouse. Her sharing also reminded me of the value of self-care for single-parents. The responsibilities can be demanding at times, and it could be helpful to find time to relax and get a breather. Finding support seemed to be another theme that I recall hearing during the sharing.

It has been invaluable to attend the session. Thankful to the speaker for taking time out to share her experiences.

***

After the sharing session, my colleagues and myself made a trip to Chinatown. We had dinner at the Chinatown Complex. Afterwhich, we walked around various parts of Chinatown.

Lining along Pagoda Street, Temple Street and Smith Street were many stalls. There were stalls selling Chinese New Year festive goods, food and even decorative items. Chinatown was pretty crowded and busy with lots of people. It must be because Chinese New Year is approaching very soon. Somehow, people have associated Chinatown with the celebrating of the Chinese New Year.

Here's sharing a photo that I have taken at Chinatown today. Happy Chinese New Year!


Chinatown before the Chinese New Year. Posted by Hello

No comments: