Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Quiet Time at the Library

Since it was rather unfruitful to continue shopping for clothes at Junction 8, I decided to travel back to my neighbourhood to have a hair-cut. Technically speaking, should I say that I had a "hair-trim" instead? If one is not observant, one may not notice that I have had a hair-cut. Afterall, I only had my hair cut by one inch throughout.

Anyway, after the hair-cut, I decided to go to the nearby library. I was trying to find some good reads to enrich my mind. I picked up one of the books and started reading it on a sofa.

I realised I had spent close to an hour reading chapters of the book. It was quite a peaceful experience to be at the library this afternoon. It felt like as if I was chilling out at the library. The library was relatively quiet, except for some occasional noises from a few teenagers many metres away. The sofa was comfortably cosy, and it faces a window with a pleasant view of a palm tree and the blue skies. A short afternoon rather well-spent at the library. Not only did I managed to enrich my mind, I also allowed myself to relax in a rather peaceful environment. I shall do it more often in the future.

Before I end this post, I shall give credits to the National Library Board, Singapore for its good work in developing a relevant and responsive library system, and managing the libraries so well.

No comments: