Sunday, January 30, 2005

A more beautiful night

The night seems more beautiful when good music is being played.

I am listening to this CD which is titled: The Rubinstein Collection, Frédéric Chopin's 19 Nocturnes. I think Chopin's Nocturnes are very beautiful. I like their meditative character, and the seemingly gentle pace in them. Furthermore, Arthur Rubinstein is playing them, and I think he has played well.

Maybe my friend, Mystic, may like listening to Chopin's Nocturnes? Then again, she may claim that she has yet to develop the taste for such a genre of music, and may in the end be soothed to sleep by the apparent nocturnal feel of the music.

Anyway, I loaned this CD from the library. I think I have made quite a wise decision to get the premiere library membership. Though its collection is not the most comprehensive, at least now I could gain access to loan some good recordings.

2 comments:

Waterfall said...

Rubinstein's collection is my favorite for the Chopin Nocturnes. His playing of Op. 9, No. 1 was what inspired me to learn that piece. Have you read Rubinstein's autobiography? It's in two books, and I've only read the first one. It's titled "My Young Years" or "My Younger Years" or something like that. I found it an enjoyable read.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Waterfall, I won't be surprised that Rubinstein's Collection of Chopin Nocturnes is your favourite. I think he brings out some of the best our of the Nocturnes.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will keep a look out for Rubinstein's autobiography when I am at the library.