Thursday, January 13, 2005

First Rehearsal with the Choir

A short post for tonight.

This evening, the orchestra has its first rehearsal with the choir in preparation for the performance titled Yellow River Cantata. I checked up the SISTIC website just a moment ago, and found out that most of the tickets for this performance have been sold out, except for the $100 tickets. It's quite a well-received performance, I should say.

Trying to adjust to the choir, and I suppose this is mutual. It is quite a feat to only have three rehearsals together just before the actual performance, and the best strategy is to make the most out of what we have.

One of the choir members asked me how long the orchestra had practised for this item. I did not give her an answer. Afterall, it requires at least months and years of practising to build a foundation whereby we could play an instrument with reasonably ease. It will be rather misleading to just factor in the hours that we had spent solely on this item. We would have dismissed the months or years of foundation that has made playing our instrument possible.

I shall close here. I am feeling rather tired now to write any more.

No comments: