Monday, January 10, 2005

Cardiff University

This afternoon I was surfing the internet. I have been having thoughts of studying in Europe, but I have no idea what exactly to study.

I find it restrictive that learning in the university had to be often restricted to one discipline. Perhaps it could have made things seem more organised, but it won't quite fit someone like me who has interests to just learn a bit of those areas that I would like, and end up with a rather general degree. Anyway, forgive me if I have been rambling.

Cardiff University came into my mind. I heard about the university from someone. The postgraduate programme for Social Work sounds quite established. My only concern is that I wonder if it would be something I would like to study in such depth for a period of one to two years.

The university's school of music sounds quite appealing. I would love to play in the Cardiff University's orchestra if possible. I quite like many of the courses that the Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning has to offer, for example, courses in ancient history and archaeology, art history, architecture, history, music, photography and self-development. I think I am more attracted to the courses offered by the Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning than the post-graduate programme in Social Work.

My general impression is that Cardiff sounds like a pleasant place to study in.

1 comment:

Lion said...

is Cardiff the only one you considering? what kind of courses you looking for?