Monday, January 31, 2005

Art and Nature Journaling

I sketch for the pleasure of it, and it was quite interesting to read about art and nature journalling from this blog: A Circle of Quiet: Art and Nature Journaling

Oh yes, I agree with the author of this post:
Just give it a try. Drawing is a discipline, and if you want to learn to draw, you do have to draw (duh, right?) Practice, don't give up, and do a little each week. It can bring you some joy, and eventually it can be a volume filled with your own work. Priceless.


I do not do regular art journalling, but I do sketch from time to time. At this moment, I have at least three volumes of sketch books. It isn't so much the final product, it is the process of sketching. I find it brings me to better appreciate what I have had sketch. Furthermore, sketching urges me to focus and concentrate in its process, so it somehow frees my mind from the mundane concerns during the process. Perhaps this is what I call "the simple pleasures of sketching"?

No comments: