Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Van Gogh cards

I got a delightful gift today from a colleague of mine today. It was a set of blank greeting cards with the prints of Van Gogh's paintings. She went to New Zealand for holidays and I suppose she has gotten the set of cards when she was there?

Probably it takes someone who likes the works of Vincent Van Gogh to appreciate these cards. Maybe this is why I see the the set of cards as a delightful gift.

My favourite from the set of cards is that with the print of the work: Cafe Terace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night (September 1888). Somehow I am attracted to the dark yet tranquil feel of the work.The stars look beautiful against the dark blue skies.

To this colleague of mine: Thanks for the gift.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

i like the painting too. he (van gogh) had a sad life though. but the best of artistes are usually sad. perhaps it is this nature that draws the best out of an artistic person. tragic in a way, considering we are kinda artistic too!

oceanskies79 said...

I admire Van Gogh for his passion for Nature and life.