Sunday, September 10, 2006

Boring Sunday

10 Sep 06:

I somehow feel tired today and have no mood to practise on the double bass. I figured it may not be effective to practise when I am feeling too tired. My double bass is likely to be understanding enough to allow me to take a break, but secretly, I wonder if I have practised enough to play the Marcello's Sonata in g minor with nice phrasing by the end of this week.

My working on the music theory homework went fairly slow. I started working on the homework in the morning at 10 a.m. It was already close to 7 p.m. when I finally completed one set of ABRSM Theory Paper Grade 6 (year 2004). Well, I took breaks in-between, spending time to surf the internet, and to take an afternoon nap.

I don't like boring Sundays. It left me feeling unproductive. Hopefully, the feeling is inaccurate. Perhaps taking some rest to idle away may help me stay productive in the long run?

***
9 Sep 06:

I took time to prepare breakfast for myself. I had boiled eggs, baked beans and bread with cheese for breakfast. Yesterday's breakfast was considered time-consuming to prepare. Including the time to wash-up, I usually don't spend more than 15 minutes to prepare breakfast. Well, admittedly, I don't prepare food in a hurried fashion.

The rest of the morning was spent practising surfing the internet. In the late morning, I started practising on the double bass. It felt good that I had managed to set time aside to work on sight-reading.

In the afternoon, I spent some time at the National Museum of Singapore to catch some of the works of the Singapore Biennale 2006 (SB2006). I wished that I had used a notebook to jot down the names of the work that had caught my attention at the exhibition. I don't know enough of contemporary art, but it was an eye-opener to catch the exhibition. I just wished that I had joined a guided tour to gain better insights to these works of contemporary art. As such, I decided to take a better look at the schedules of the guided tours for SB2006: http://www.singaporebiennale.org/programme-education-tours.html
I shall make time to join one of the guided tours.

In the evening, I met one of my friends, SH, for dinner. We had dinner at Miss Clarity Cafe along Purvis St. That was my first time there.

The place has affordable, value-for-money food. At this cafe, there's even free broadband for the customers.

SH and I both ordered the Chicken Ballotine. It was certainly value-for-money at only $8, and there is no additional service charges etc here. I also requested for servings of a dessert, a drink and a salad. My entire order last evening came up only to a total of $11.

The baker (a blogger) has written a post on the cafe here. It has some nice photos of the food served there.

Miss Clarity Cafe is worth checking out. Although I did not particularly like the acoustics of the cafe, it was bearable. The music played there was fine but somehow there was too much echo within the cafe when the music was played. Thank goodness: having the company of a friend had helped diverted my attention from the poor acoustics. Other than this minor issue of the acoustics, I have no complaint about this cafe. Afterall, cafes with nice interior which offer good food at affordable prices are hard to come by.

After dinner, time was spent walking about. Yes, to the Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay.

**
If you compare how I have spent Saturday this week with today, doesn't this Sunday seem much boring and unproductive in comparison?

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

it sounds like a productive sunday. i think i am a lazy pig compared to you. *oink*

pinkie said...

I think I'm getting lazy too... I look forward to Saturdays, where I dun hv to work and can sleep in! I slept til 11am last Sat, felt great! hehe... me another oink oink...