Saturday, September 16, 2006

Good company good food

Mystic and I met last night to celebrate my scoring of Distinction for the ABRSM Grade 8 double bass practical exams. We had dinner at The Tavern Brasserie.



For the appertizers, we had portabello mushroom and escargots. I felt the appertizers we had ordered were average. Mystic said that the portabello mushroom could be improved upon.

For our main course, I had the steak with goose liver while Mystic had the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The French fries that were served with the Chicken Cordon Bleu tasted way better than the French fries served at MacDonalds. I think I had openly helped myself to the French fries from Mystic's plate.

Mystic specifically highlighted that I should sample the goose liver from this restaurant. Before I took the goose liver, I was doubtful if I would like it. But when I tried it, it proved to be very nice. Just as Mystic had described, it is crispy on the outside and the inside melts in one's mouth. Marvellous. It went well with the steak.

When I was at The Tavern Brasserie last night, there was nice music played. The music was loud enough to be heard but soft enough so as to allow customers to converse comfortably at a normal volume. The relatively comfortable volume of the music had made it possible for me and Mystic to catch up with one another with ease. I like the ambience there too.

For desserts, we had Peach Melba. I decided it was essential to order an item of dessert so as to end the meal on a sweet note.

We had taken a few photos while we were at the restaurant but my camera had failed on me last night. My apologies that we won't have the chance to witness Mystic's skills in taking good photos of food.

Overall, last night dinner was one of good company and good food. I count my blessings to have friend in her. Thanks a million to Mystic for the treat though she shouldn't have.