Sunday, September 24, 2006

No thanks to poor health

I have been staying at home most of today hoping to get enough rest to get well. (I had only left home to take lunch in the afternoon.) But I had not seem to get better. It took longer time for me to answer one question from the modulation chapter of the music theory homework. The mind just felt heavy.

In the end, I decided that I shall just answer three questions from the modulation chapter. I am taking advantage of the situation that my music theory teacher has not assigned me any homework from past-year ABRSM music-theory exams for this week. I don't know if he had done so intentionally or if he had forgotten to indicate that I should be doing it. Anyway, with poor health this weekend, I gathered that I shall just complete those three questions from the modulation chapter.

**
No thanks to poor health, I have to shelf my plans to go to the City Hall to catch the Singapore Biennale 2006. I can only console myself that the Singapore Biennale 2006 won't come to an end until 12 Nov 2006.

I am hoping that once the nose doesn't feel so blocked, I could find some time to practise on the double bass. I haven't had the chance to do so the past few days due to long working hours. For this week, I have actually a fairly bit of things to work on on the double bass. These are:

1) Practice scales and use vibrato on every single note of the scale. In addition, I must aim to ensure that the speed of the vibrato is moderate (not too fast, not too slow).

2) Do the right-hand exercise of using only the wrist and finger to 'pull' the bow for a few minutes (in two different ways: wrist moving in the horizontal direction and wrist moving in a circular direction).

If there is time, I hope to practise the various sections from the first and second movement of Marcello's Sonata in g minor.

Meantime, I am simply bidding my time by reading past entries of my trip to UK a year ago. I miss Scotland, and London.



Blue skies of Aberdeen. At the Hillhead Hostel

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

hope you can get a good rest tonight and be better tomorrow.

mistipurple said...

go early tomorrow morning. the clinics' usually packed on mondays.