Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Life of Practice - Kuo Pao Kun: Special Guided Tour with the Curator


Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I had visited the exhibition, A Life of Practice - Kuo Pao Kun, more than thrice! Maybe there was so much that one can learn from Kuo Pao Kun and his creations that it was necessary to make multiple trips to the exhibition?

Here's a post that I have written on my experiences attending one of the special guided tour with the curator of this exhibition:  A Life of Practice - Kuo Pao Kun: Special Guided Tour with the Curator.

Reflecting, the play Mama Looking For Her Cat has gotten me to think about how my lack of command of Hainanese had made it challenging for me to communicate with my maternal grandfather and some of my paternal relatives. Interesting, after watching a recording of excerpts of this play, I seemed to be getting a message that when we put our minds and hearts into it, we could still connect with someone who does not speak our language. The meeting of the hearts and the minds can transcend language barriers. Maybe there is a place where our souls can connect with one another?

Do check out this exhibition.

A Life of Practice - Kuo Pao Kun
15 Sep 2012 - 24 Feb 2013
Exhibition Gallery 2, Basement
Admission: $5 (Inclusive of SISTIC fees)

1 comment:

TechKini.com said...

Interesting, I might check it out...

-> ❤ TechKini.com