Friday, September 13, 2013

Read: The Sound of Music Companion by Laurence Maslon

View source: goodreads


Title: The Sound of Music Companion
Author: Laurence Maslon
Published by Pavilion


After a recent visit to Salzburg in July 2013, I became more intrigued with The Sound of Music Companion. On my way on the flight from Munich to Singapore, I decided not to sleep and stayed awake to watched the Hollyword film production of The Sound of Music.

Subsequently, when I reached Singapore and was visiting one of the libraries, I could not help but to borrow a copy of a book entitled The Sound of Music Companion. This book is the official companion to the world's most beloved musical. It includes a copy of the movie soundtrack CD.

The book charts the life of Maria Von Trapp. It also compares the life of Maria with the musical version of her story.

What was most interesting for me was to read about the evolution of The Sound of Music, from real life to theatre production to film and more. I especially appreciate the copy of the movie soundtrack CD. It seemed like if I were to visit Salzburg, I could get myself a gift of a DVD of the film. An endearing film with beautiful music.

No comments: