Friday, July 15, 2005

An evening away from work and rehearsal

Today is a Friday, and I had made arrangements with Mystic to meet her to see the Journey of Faith exhibition held at the Asian Civilisation Museum. The museum is open till 9 p.m. every Friday so that gives me a chance to catch the exhibition after work.

I met Mystic at one of the card shops along Citylink Mall after office hours. She had wanted to get a card but did not find any that was up to her satisfaction.

I had looked forward to the evening. Afterall I have made it a point to take a break from work and rehearsal this evening. For the past few evenings of the week, I was either in the office working or in the rehearsal venue rehearsing. Even though I had spent the evening with Mystic, this evening was still considered a time for myself, to chill out and relax.

I think I needed some time to chill out, even though I was feeling a little tired when I was making my way to the meeting place.

For dinner, Mystic and I ate at one of the Sakae Sushi restaurants. I am growing to like soft shell crabs. The soft shell crab crepe has suit my taste. I like the taste of the crepe. The soft shell crab handroll tastes good. I like the mayonnaise sauce that was used as a filling inside the handroll. I also thank Mystic for recommending the "sushi with sotong" (though I have no idea what its Japanese name is), the sotong has a nice texture that goes well with the sushi. Mystic claimed that she would treat me to dinner since I would be leaving for Aberdeen for vacation soon. It is not as if I would be away for a long while. Anyway, here's thanking Mystic for the treat, although she shouldn't have.

After dinner, we treated ourselves to ice-cream. Mystic had banana crunch flavour ice-cream; I had macadamia nuts flavour ice-cream. Mystic reminded me that I shouldn't be eating cold food. Anyway, this was a temptation that I would like to give in to. I needed to treat myself to one for working so hard for the past few days of the week.

While we walked towards the museum located within the Empress Place building, we saw the newly opened Supreme Court structure. Could anyone tell me what is the function of the "space-ship looking" structure that sits itself on the rectangular structure of the Supreme Court's building? It just looked a little out-of-place with the rest of the structure. But I shall give it the benefit of the doubt that it does serve a particular function. What that would be, I don't know.

It was already several minutes past eight o'clock when we reached the Asian Civilisation Museum (Empress Place). There was a charge of $4 per adult for entry. As a member of the Museum Season-Pass, I was able to enter with no charge at all. Of course, I will have to pay an annual subscription for the membership, but I think it was worth it.

The Journey of Faith exhibition had a pretty large crowd this evening. There were several groups of people in the exhibition, and each group has a museum guide with them. I wish I could have a museum guide. Anyway, I don't like crowds. Crowds hasten me to view the exhibitions. I did not have the mood to read most of the explanatory notes for each of the exhibits because of my perceived feeling of lack of space due to the crowds. I quite like the artefacts of the clothings worn by popes. I like some of the paintings shown during the exhibition too.

Mystic found the exhibition a little boring. Furthermore, she was not feeling very well this evening. She kept complaining of having a backache. She said she would have preferred viewing paintings to three-dimensional artefacts. Quite a fair amount of the exhibits consists of the latter. Whatever it is, I thank Mystic for her patient company. It might be a while before I get to meet her again. I could wish her well meantime.

After viewing the exhibition, Mystic and I left the museum. Mystic left for home while I took a walk about the area. I walked towards the Merlion Park, and then the Esplanade Park. Afterwhich, I tried to walk about the shops to browse about for a pair of shoe. I did not find one pair that has met my expectations, so I did not get any in the end.

I feel a little more relaxed this evening as compared to the past few ones. It does help to set time aside to chill out.

2 comments:

Emy said...

i still want to go!!... *haha*

oceanskies79 said...

emily: I don't mind going to the exhibition again. But that has to be either a Saturday or Sunday. Friday nights are too crowded for my liking......even though admission rates into the Journey of Faith exhibition is lower on Friday nights.