Sunday, July 10, 2005

A mother's love

I guess I shall not take for granted my mother's love. Even if the mode of expression may not be my preferred one, it came helpful.

Yesterday I visited the doctor at the polyclinic again. From last week's experience, it would probably take close to four hours, including the time to register, to consult the doctor, and to get my medication.

My mother was nice and she offered to queue for me outside the polyclinic, even before the polyclinic doors were opened. I heard that she was queuing since just before 7 a.m. I don't know what time the polyclinic doors opened, anyway, I reached the polyclinic at about 8.00 a.m., and by 8.20 a.m., I was asked to see one of the doctors. I was the first to see that particular doctor.

Sigh, I got the same conclusion from the doctor. The doctor suspected that I could have sensitive nose, and then suggested that I be treated with a nasal spray, Flixonase. Again. By the way, Flixonase contains steriods.

Anyway, after consultation, I went to queue for my medication at the pharmacy and it took only about 20 minutes of waiting (instead of the 50 minutes taken last week). By 9 a.m., I was ready to leave the polyclinic with my medications. Imagine how much time I have saved with my mother's help. Thanks to my mother for queuing.

Reflecting, the queue at the pharmacy seems to clear faster during the early part of the morning. So maybe that is why the early birds tend to get rewarded with shorter waiting time?

1 comment:

Lora said...

Your Mom is great. Sorry that you weren't more satisfied with the results.