Thursday, July 28, 2005

Phantom of the Opera

I finally managed to make bookings to catch Phantom of the Opera via London Theatre Bookings.

After much careful looking, I found the option to choose to collect the ticket at London Theatre Bookings' Office along Coventry Street.

Yesterday, I have tried to book the tickets online via Ticketmaster but did not manage to be able to get a ticket to catch the musical on 15 Aug 2005. It seemed much easier to get seats via London Theatre Bookings.

Special credits go to Emrah.

Emrah, thank you for checking out the booking details for me. I greatly appreciate your help.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

to the swinging chandeliar it shall be! enjoy yourself!

Emrah said...

Not at all. I hope you will enjoy it!

A tip: At the back of every seat, a pair of binoculars is placed. If you have 50p with you, they will be available to use.

Tip #2: They sell two types of brochures. A souvenir brochure, which is nice to have and keep, but it costs £6 or 8 pounds I guess, which is not cheap at all. The programme brochure is not very cheap, either, but still affordable. Anyway... If you don't want to pay extras for them, find alternative ways to read the plot [i.e. internet?]

Tip#3: You will have to refrain from taking photos, even before the performance begin.

Tip#4: Restrooms will be usually very crowded during the interval. So, I recommend you visit the restroom before the performance and not to leave your seat, and enjoy a cup of Häagen-Dazs ice-cream [£3-4] instead. [Yes, weird, but they sell ice-creams during the interval [it's a tradition] and allow people to eat inside.

oceanskies79 said...

These sounds interesting. Thanks for the tips Emrah. The ice-cream idea sounds interesting. I have never eaten ice-cream inside a theatre.

I have my own pair of binoculars, I shall bring it. Although I ended up not using binoculars many of the time.

Mistipurple: yes, I will enjoy myself.