Saturday, October 27, 2007

Week 43 of year 2007 on the double bass

21 Oct 2007, Sun: In the morning, before I left home, I practised the first movement of Eccles Sonata in g minor. It is a lovely piece of music.

In addition, I practised the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major. I think I would have to practise this concerto at a much slower tempo, so as to refine the intonation.

23 Oct 2007, Tue: In the night, I practised the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major, focusing on left-hand technique and improving my intonation. It feels good to practise on the double bass.

24 Oct 2007, Wed: There was no orchestra rehearsal today. In the night, I continued to practise the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major at a slower tempo to improve intonation and articulation. It was fun.

25 Oct 2007, Thu: There was no double bass lesson today as MJ, my tutor, was overseas. I took time-off from work to be back home to practise. It was mind-stimulating to practise the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major. I worked on getting a clearer articulation. I love such lovely stimulation for the mind.

27 Oct 2007, Sat: I think I am fascinated with Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major. For much of this week, I have been practising the first movement of the concerto. I have only managed to play about half of the first movement, and I have yet to even start working on the cadenza. MJ said that he has an original version of the cadenza. Meantime, I shall wait.

Do listen to a rendition of the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJKBinfZHc

Time flies. It is now the 43th week of this year!

No comments: