Sunday, April 13, 2008

Week 15 of year 2008 on the double bass

6 Apr 2008, Sun: I practised a few tunes from Hartley's Double Bass Solo 1. Afterwhich, time was spent practising Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. I have alos spent about ten minutes working on the vibrato technique.

7 Apr 2008, Mon: After sight-reading a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Book One, I practised part of the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto. The goal was to produce clear sounds and well-articulated notes.

8 Apr 2008, Tue: I sight-read a few studies, and focused on playing the rhythms accurately. I was feeling tired from the day, so I kept the practice session short.

10 Apr 2008, Thu: I started with sight-reading. However, as it was not my first time sight-reading those exercises, I could manage playing those exercises much better than the previous time that I had done so.

After which, the rest of the time was spent refining my rendition of Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro.

No comments: