Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Singapore Heritage Fest 08



From 12 - 27 Jul 2008, members of the public would be able to participate in a series of heritage-related activities held in conjunction with the Singapore Heritage Fest 08.

There is a Who's Your Hero? exhibition that is held at Suntec City, Tropics Atrium. For the families with young children, they could check out the Kids' Zone that is held at Suntec City, Galleria Foyer.

I was at the Who's Your Hero? exhibition today. There is quite a number of interesting exhibits at the exhibition. Having such an exhibition in an accessible place like Suntec City is certainly a good way to reach out to the members of the general public and share heritage-related topics with them. On the personal level however, I would personally prefer to catch the exhibition in a more quiet environment. While Suntec City is not extremely noisy, but when there's performances going on at the nearby stage, I find that the noise level is still beyond the limits of yours truly who prefers a generally peaceful environment.

Even though the exhibition did not particularly win my favour, I am looking forward to Expedition ‘H'. I have already signed myself up for two of the Expedition 'H' tours.

For the adventurous, there is a Fun on Foot Heritage Marathon. I could considered this event but I do not like the fact that each participating group has to be a team of four. Pardon me, perhaps it is due to the individualistic part in me, that I have preference to do many things alone. Furthermore, I cannot think of three other person who's company I won't mind who would be willing to form a team to join the marathon.

Anyway, if you happen to be at Suntec City, Singapore during the above-mentioned period, it is worth checking out the various Singapore Heritage Fest 08 related activities. For more information, please visit: http://www.heritagefest.org.sg/

2 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

I was there on Tuesday to see them putting up the exhibits. I wanted to join the contest but short of one participant. Could have ask you. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Ah....no worries. I shall give the contest a miss.