Friday, August 15, 2008

In need of a recharge

This has been a rather busy and crazy week. I have been working pretty long hours for the weekdays except on Wednesday and Thursday. Those are the two days that I have specified as days where I would not work overtime.

On Monday and Tuesday, I worked till 9 p.m. Today, I worked till 10 p.m. in my office. The thing is that the office hours ends before 6 p.m. every day. For the past five days of the week, I have been arriving early to office, before the official 8.45 a.m. to start work.

Despite a very busy week, where I still end up feeling that there are so much work still to be done, there were some positive aspects. There were some tasks that were pretty well-done. I have managed to at least complete a couple of tasks at hand. On and off, I have clients who would share how they have overcame some of the odds that life has presented them.

Of course, I have my share of waking up in the middle of the night worrying that there are so many things undone! Hopefully workload would be more manageable thereafter as I have alerted the superior that I have been working till I have stretched beyond my limits.

Hopefully, I can get some recharge. Tomorrow, there is still a work-related event to attend till the late afternoon. I have to learn to be smart to just find pockets of time over the weekend to recharge. Wish me luck.