Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An evening date with Nature and Music


On 5 Apr 2009, I visited the Singapore Botanic Gardens with one of my good friends to catch an outdoor concert by the Singapore Chinese Orchestra.

It has been a while since I had last visited the Singapore Botanic Gardens and I was delighted to see a lot of nice landscaped sceneries when I was there. I used to visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens pretty often when I was a young adult as there were a number of nice sculptures that were displayed there in the past. The recent visit brought back some nostalgic memories that I had of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, including the several occasions when I performed in outdoor concerts there.

It was a recharging experience to be out in Nature, and at the same time, treat my eyes to beautiful works of art. I spotted a sculpture featuring the composer, Chopin, somewhere near the Symphony Lake.



A few steps away, one could see the Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage on which the performers were getting ready to perform. While there was slight drizzle that day, the weather had been generally kind to the audience. I got to listen to one of my favourite repertoires scored for the Chinese orchestra during the concert.

It was a memorable evening out. I thank my friend for the treasured company.


No comments: