Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A day of mourning

For reasons unknown, I felt a general sense of melancholy much of today. I may not be able to express my experience very aptly in words. Perhaps humming a tune may better express my heartfelt melancholy.

I wonder if my general mood today is declared the national day of mourning for the victims of the earthquake in China? This piece of information, I had found out towards the end of the day.

Last week, an earthquake struck Qinghai province. Two major earthquakes have happened in China within two years.

I am still searching, to make sense what purposes do natural disasters and man-made disasters have in our world?

Whatever it is, today shall be a day of mourning. May peace be upon the world.

4 comments:

Doreen said...

It was devastating. We are all the sons and daughters of the earth, but why are they suffering? My mind is with them.

pinkie said...

I shudder reading the news... wondering if the world is really coming to an end?

tuti said...

things beyond our control, we can only pray, for peace and less violence. i think it all adds up. hard to explain. like more violence mankind commits, more innocent lives will be lost.

goldilocks said...

Sometimes, there is no cause and effect ie: no causal r/s, no reason. things just happen.