Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marina Bay and Boat Asia

Many thanks to Marina Bay Development Agency, URA, for giving me tickets to Boat Asia 2011, the Singapore Biennale 2011 and a weekday lunch buffet at Todai Singapore I won them in a contest organised by Marina Bay Development Agency.

I treated my mother and myself to a Post-Mother's Day and a belated birthday celebration respectively at Todai Singapore, before heading out on my own to Boat Asia.

Todai Singapore


My mother took part in the Todai Spicy Roll competition and won herself a weekday lunch voucher. The prize was secondary, I hope that she has had fun doing something new that day!

Todai has great and thoughtful service. I could see that the folks there serve with pride and joy. The food is good. Todai was described by Elmer Dills, a famous Los Angeles food critc, to be "the mother of all seafood buffet".



I found out that Todai is a family oriented upscale restaurant that offers a variety of seafood and sushi. In addition, it serves snow crab legs, green mussles and cocktail shrimps and a variety of Asian dishes. I had to limit my intake of seafood for health reasons and had to miss quite a number of Todai's fabulous signature dishes.

I must have very simple preferences. I like its baked pineapples from the Churrasco section, the daily Korean soup, the bulgogi and the sashimi. The cray fish chilli was great too.

Todai Singapore
http://www.todai.com.sg
#B2-01 The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
2 Bayfront Avenue
Singapore 018972

Tel: (+65) 66887771
Email: enquiry@todaisingapore.com


Marina Bay City Gallery
I have learnt more about the Marina Bay after a visit to the Marina Bay City Gallery. There has been a lot of planning and wonderful work to realise the vision of a vibrant and fun-loving Marina Bay that is great for work, play and great living.

Admission to the gallery is free.

Marina Bay City Gallery
http://www.marina-bay.sg/marinabaycitygallery.html
11 Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018940

Opening hours:
Tuesday - Friday: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday: 10:00am to 9:00pm
Admission is free.





Boat Asia 2011
 Boat Asia was a splendid conclusion for the day. I visited the two venues at The Promontory@Marina Bay and the Marina at Keppel Bay. I have had a good time learning about yachts and the marina lifestyle when I was at Marina at Keppel Bay. Thanks to the generosity of the yacht owners and the participating companies, I went up on a number of yachts and was fascinated with the design of the yachts. This event is held from 12 - 15 May 2011.

If you love the sea, the marina lifestyle or yacht, you may wish to make a visit to Boat Asia.

Boat Asia 2011 (12 - 15 May 2011)
http://www.boat-asia.com/home/home.asp





No comments: