Sunday, October 21, 2012

The hotel that I had stayed in Bali: Best Western Resort Kuta


Front of the hotel, Best Western Resort Kuta. Bali.

I visited Bali from 7 - 10 Oct 2012 for a short vacation with one of my friends. During our stay in Bali, we stayed at Best Western Resort Kuta. This hotel is located in the Kuta district of Bali. My friend and I had chosen this hotel based on the recommendations from the travel agent. 

Reception. Best Western Resort Kuta. Bali.

Doing the paperwork for checking-in took about 5 minutes which was pretty fast. My friend and I had to wait for another fifteen minutes for the keys to our hotel room which was on the fourth level. On the whole, the staff of the hotel was courteous and friendly. When we asked for directions to the nearby Discovery Shopping Mall and the Kuta Beach, we were given clear instructions. Please be prepared that there may not be maps of the locality that could be available at the hotel's front desk. Thankfully, the verbal instructions were so clear that I could find my way to the Discovery Shopping Mall on foot. 

Here is a tip for guests who wish to explore the areas nearby the hotel at night, please bring along a bright torch. Generally, the area is safe from crimes, yet a bright torch would be needed to see well when walking alongside the roads which have almost no street lamps.

The pool. One could have breakfast by the pool .

The complimentary continental buffet breakfast was satisfactory and pleasing. I was delighted that there is an egg station which cooks eggs according to the preferences of the guests. To add to the delight, the kitchen at the Ambrosia Restaurant, where we had our buffet breakfast would make efforts to vary the menu each day. I  have found the spinach fritters and the potato cakes to be interesting. The former for its interesting taste albeit it was a bit on the salty side and the latter because it was a kind of comfort food for someone who likes mashed potatoes that was baked. The sautéed mushrooms were delicious and worth a good try. The chef also makes efforts to make carvings out of fruits on some occasions. I prefer the Western selection than the Asian selection at the buffet. While enjoying my breakfast, I would be treated to Balinese music played over the sound system. The satisfactory offer of food and the pleasant dining environment led me to wake up each day looking forward to breakfast!



Amenities wise, my friend had experience slow connection when she was attempting to tap into the free Wi-Fi offered by the hotel. Otherwise, generally I was pretty satisfied with the overal amenities. I had enquired about mail services provided at the hotel and I worked out that it would have been cheaper for me to purchase postage stamps from a nearby convenience store or the post-office. The fridge was not that cold so I did not use it. The air-conditioning and the bathroom facilities were in good working condition during our stay. I appreciated the satisfactory room service.



The staff at the hotel have been responsive to our requests. Our room's safe deposit box was not working properly. When we called up the front desk, we were attended to very shortly and the issue was rectified promptly. When I had asked for an extra pillow, my request was promptly met too. 

My friend and I did not have the chance to use the poolside services as well as the spa and massage services that were offered due to time constraints.

Checking-out at 12 noon was relatively easy too. 



Overall, the friendly and attentive service at this hotel has left an impression in me. The location of the hotel was also pretty good. It is about 10 minutes walk to the Discovery Shopping Mall and the Kuta Beach. It is about 12 minutes walk to the Matahari departmental store in Kuta Square. 

Kubu Anyar Street, No 118, KUTA
Bali, 80361, Indonesia
http://www.bestwestern.com

No comments: