Saturday, October 13, 2012

Visiting Bali

Tanah Lot. Bali.

Bali has been one of the places in South-East Asia that I have been wanting to visit. This was partly motivated by the curiosity in visiting this very place, Bali, which several pioneer Singapore artists (such as Liu Kang, Chen Wen Hsi, Chen Chong Swee and Cheong Soo Pieng) have visited in 1952. It was quite a historic field trip. Bali had offered these pioneer artists rich inspiration and visual sources. On the side, to understand more about the significance of this Bali field trip for the pioneer artists, please read The Bali Field Trip, Liu Kang, Chen Chong Swee, Chen Wen Hsi and Cheong Soo Pieng by Kwok Kian Chow.

This October, motivated by this sense of curiosity of Bali which had inspired the pioneer artists of Singapore, and also to find a chance to learn more about a culture that was fairly new to me, I signed up for a 4-Days-3-Nights Bali Classic Tour offered by Nam Ho Travel Service Singapore Pte Ltd. I also hoped that the trip would help me to slow down my pace of life, and find time to appreciate the simple pleasures in life.

During a past visit to the NATAS Travel Fair to source for a value-for-money tour package to Bali, Nam Ho Travel Service Singapore Pte Ltd outshone the rest of the providers that my tour-mate and I have visited. Firstly, when we made enquiries on the tour package, the staff from Nam Ho Travel Service Singapore Pte Ltd came across to us as most helpful, professional and friendly. The itinerary that was provided by Nam Ho was a better match to our area of interests. 

Stay tuned to this blog to get a glimpse of my recent visit to Bali with one of my friends. 

No comments: