Wednesday, October 28, 2015

25 June 2015: A visit to Boston Public Library and beyond

Boston Public Library.

I had intended to travel to Lynn in Massachusetts before 10 a.m. yet there was a temptation urging me to visit the Boston Public Library. Therefore after breakfast, I headed for the Copley subway station. The Boston Public Library opens at 9 a.m. and I was arrived at the neighbourhood too early for its opening.

New Old South Church.

Opposite the Public Library is the Italian Gothic building of the New Old South Church.

Prudential Center. Back Bay, Boston.

As I was early and wanted to look for a public toilet, I decided to head for the Prudential Center. I did not know how to get there. I did not have the information that the Prudential Center was one of the tallest skyscrapers in the area so navigating my way took longer than expected. Admittedly, I did not like the feeling of being lost and uncertain. I had no GPS and no Google Map to assist me. I relied on directional space and a train that got me to the next station. Eventually, I found my way unexpected into the South Garden of Prudential Center. It was a tranquil space to visit. A timely experience to calm my nerves down. It took me a while to find a Ladies.

South Garden, Prudential Center.

After visiting the Prudential Center, I made a quick trip to the Church of Christian Science. This church has a dramatic basilica-like structure. A beautiful place to visit. There is a Mary Baker Eddy Library and Mapparium within the vicinity of the Church of Christian Science.

Church of Christian Science.

Eventually, I found my way back to the Boston Public Library. The murals there are impressive. In the centre of the building is a lovely court-yard that reminded me of an Italian-style court-yard. It was a lovely place for a nice retreat.

One of the murals in the Boston Public Library.

The court-yard in the centre of the Boston Public Library. A lovely place for a retreat.

So this post summed up my brief visit to Back Bay of Boston. I learnt that I did not enjoy feeling lost, yet I could survive the ordeals of not exactly knowing where every step that I was taking could lead me to. Thanks to the angels who were watching out for me? Life wants the best for me.

No comments: