Friday, July 15, 2016

3 Jul 2015: A short visit to The Cathedral Church of St John the Divine



3 Jul 2015:

This is a post that is overdued. While I was in New York City last year, I stayed for a few nights at HI New York City. In the morning of 3 Jul 2015, I took a stroll about the neighbourhood near the hostel and decided to spend some time visiting The Cathedral Church of St John the Divine.

The Cathedral is fairly impressive in its size. I learnt that it is more than 120 years old and reminds unfinished. It was a year later after my visit that I learnt that the cathedral is the largest cathedral in the world!


I was thankful that during my visit to the cathedral, a choir was singing. I don't know if the choir was rehearsing yet I love the sounds of the choir filling the spaces of the cathedral. A morning adventure to explore the neighbourhood had brought me to a global landmark.

My learning point: Be open to new experiences. Pleasant surprises can happen.





The Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine
1047 Amsterdam Avenue
112th Street
New York
NY 10025
http://www.stjohndivine.org

No comments: