Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Stop Cyberbullying: What to do if someone bullies you on social media platforms?

 



During a conversation with a friend whose child had experienced being bullied, I realised I had taken-for-granted the knowledge and resources that I have learnt as a professional social worker. I didn't realise that most people may not have easy access to the information and resources that I have!

In reality, to arm myself with adequate professional knowledge on the issue of managing situations of being bullied, I had read up books, attended workshops and conferences, so as to keep myself adequately well-informed of the issue. Doing so ensures that I am always ready to support others in such an issue when I am approached for help.

If you are a parent, a teenager or even a child reading this blog, you can equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to put an end to cyberbullying.

You can do so by learning how to respond when someone bullies you on a social media.

The steps are:

Stop, Block (communication with the bully), Save (the evidence), and Tell (a trusted adult)

You deserve respect and peace. If you need more support, please speak to a trusted adult and ask for help to end cyberbullying.

Credits & Acknowledgements: https://bullyfree.sg

No comments: