Sunday, September 16, 2012

20 May 2012: Taste of Shanghai, Sydney

Delicious steamed pork dumplings from Taste of Shanghai.

On 20 May 2012 (Sun), at Sydney:

When it was time for dinner, I felt a temptations to have Chinese food for dinner. I was armed with a copy of Food Lovers' Guide to Chinatown and Haymarket 2012. After browsing through the guide book, my choice was the Taste of Shanghai restaurant at World Square, partly because of its location. The location was nearby the Travelodge Sydney Hotel that I was staying in, and I could also make a trip to World Square to buy some groceries.

I ordered a bowl of hot and spicy soup. Each bowl of soup costs AUD$4.20. This proved to be an ideal choice for the cold autumn weather. Drinking the soup warmed me up quite a bit.

My other order was the Shanghai Xiao Long Bao (Shanghai steamed pork dumplings) at AUD$8.80 per set. It was juicy and filled with meat in the inside. In my humble opinion, I felt the Shanghai Xiao Long Bao from Taste of Shanghai was more delicious than the Xiao Long Bao from the Din Tai Fung's restaurants in Singapore. This is one place that is worth visiting again to get delicious food.



Taste of Shanghai was listed in Food Lovers' Guide to Chinatown and Haymarket 2012 (produced and published by Urban Walkabout) as one of "best of the best restaurants, eateries and noodle bars of Chinatown and Haymarket". This is one restaurant that deserves the accolades.



***
Taste of Shanghai (City)

Shop 9.07 (World Square)
644 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61-2-9261-8832
7 days a week, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
http://www.tasteofshanghai.com.au


***
Also visit: Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired.

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

Anonymous, you are welcome. :)