Sunday, August 28, 2005

Aberdeen: Fascinated with Seagulls

A local may possibly find these seagulls to be irritating as time goes by. Imagine hearing the seagulls "singing" at as early as 4 a.m. in the morning. Actually they sing almost at any time.

Yet, it could be that I am a foreigner in Aberdeen, I find seagulls to be something new and fascinating for myself. One thing for sure, I do not get to see so many seagulls in Singapore.

The seagulls, they seem to fly so carefree in the skies. I wish at times I could be like them, so carefree.











5 comments:

mistipurple said...

hey you've got great photo taking skills! capturing seagulls in mid-flight not easy and in such majestic display of their soaring above.

oceanskies79 said...

actually I took a lot of photos before I could get these few ones....

I guess in life things are rather similar. We try many times, fail almost as many, just in hope for those few moments of success.

mistipurple said...

yes yes your analogy is accurate. can fail many times, it just needs that 'one' time to succeed.

Emrah said...

Have you read Richard Bach's short book "Seagull" and met the protagonist Jonathan, the seagull himself (symbolising man in life needless to say)? I'd bet you'd like it much, referring to your commnet to mistipurple above. :-)

oceanskies79 said...

Emrah: I have not read the book. You are pretty well-read.