Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Drained and trying to recharge

It has been a little more than a week since I returned to work after my trip to the United Kingdom. The jet-lag feelings seem to have left me, but not the pleasant memories that I have of my trip.

I have been having night sessions the past two nights. By the end of today, I felt drained from the work day. This morning, I attended in a three hours long meeting involving myself and my colleagues. That took mental energy even though I spoke no more than ten minutes in total during the meeting.

I shall learn to be kind on myself and give myself time and space to recharge. Recharging is necessary to ensure I maintain a reasonable level of effectiveness the next day.

This shall be my only post for today. If you could please be patient, I hope to post more of my trip to the United Kingdom soon.

I am feeling drained, and I fear I may act nasty if I do not get my treasured sleep soon. Please avoid me at all cost now.

9 comments:

mistipurple said...

though your post says to avoid you at all costs.. i shall venture to wish you a good rest and that you will be fully recharged tomorrow. (i am making you sound like a battery now, but it is not my intention. i shall also move out of here before i grind on your nerve.)

Yng Lyn said...

catch up on some rest... jet lag is always a pain... I gotta go through that 8 times a year :(
take care dear!

mistipurple said...

lol, i just saw simple american's post! we shall both tiptoe our way out of here, whilst wishing you the best of energy soon..

mistipurple said...

dare i venture again to say that i just saw yng lyn's post and that we are causing quite a ruckus in here, when you are needing some rest and have warned us to stay away from you at all costs!! LOL...ooppps...shhhh

mistipurple said...

i must explain my insolence that i did not see their earlier posts till after i posted mine. apparently all of us are typing at the same time ie.
ok..i'd better be out of here! :D

pinkie said...

go easy on yourself please... spread out your appointments if you can alright... do take care girl...

goldilocks said...

sending my well wishes (gently) too.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi all, I see a lot of you folks came here at about the same time.

Simple American: Thank you for your regular visit to this blog. Yes, you may link to me. My occupation is a social worker. I play the double bass in a symphony orchestra as a hobby.

Mistipurple: Thanks for your support. I shall find support in your sense of humour. *winks*. Actually, comments written on this blog has no effect on my sleep. I don't check this blog when I am asleep.

Yng Lyn: Thanks for your kind words. You seem to travel often.

Pinkie: Thanks for your concern. I hope I could learn to spread things out a bit, especially at the work place. By the way, if you like and you are free, you are invited to catch our concert at Botanic Gardens, Symphony Stage this Saturday, at 6 p.m. Nature tends to relax one.

Jaybee: I've checked the site, but I felt lost there.

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks JY.