Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hope my brother feels better soon

This afternoon I was in office, my brother sent me a message to tell me that he has contracted chicken pox. Now, this explains why I saw red spots on his entire body last evening. He asked me if I had chicken pox before. I said I don't remember having chicken pox in my life.

Anyway, I hope my brother feels better soon from the chicken pox. I just saw his MSN nickname and it seems like he is feeling the itch from the condition. If you know of any remedies or ways to help relieve my brother of the symptoms of the condition, please feel free to post a comment here. Thank you very much in advance.

By the way, if you have any clue how I could reduce the risk of myself contracting chicken pox, please let me know. Thank you.

***
I don't know if this is purely psychological, I am feeling itchy almost all over.

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

i think the doctor has a certain medicine that can lessen the side effects of chicken pox and shingles (they're both some same strains of something). this must however be given early, like in your brother's case. adults seem to suffer the side effects more than kids. as for prevention, i am not quite sure, but the doctor might know. i believe there are jabs for it. i have not had my chicken pox before also!! lol!!

mistipurple said...

by the way, he is infectious for a few weeks! see a doctor if you want to be protected, or call for advice. not major health hazard unless one is pregnant. :)

Goat Almighty said...

i had that about 10 yrs ago and it was pure torture.

staying at home for weeks on end was terrible and the itch, oh my God, the itch!

all the doc could do was to prescribe calamine lotion for the itchy spots but you wished he could just give you some acid instead.

hahaha!

i was joking, really. no, dont take my word for it and get some acid for the itch ok.

God-speed to your brother. hope yours isnt really chicken pox.

mistipurple said...

lol mr loobz, you make it sound like chemical warfare. don't frighten py! lol.
anyway, the medicine for chicken pox / shingles is very costly, and can take care of symptoms early and make them mild, but they are only effective when arrested early.