Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My date. It's gone!

No thanks to poor health. If my readers remember that in one of my posts some days ago, I was happily writing about how I looked forward to my Valentine's date with my boyfriend, I am sorry to say my date has been cancelled for the day. I am feeling unwell to go for the orchestra rehearsal today.

The doctor gave me a day of outpatient medical leave and urged me to rest. Symptoms include: headaches, fever, diarrhoea, blocked nose that came from time to time. Feeling weak, but I didn't want to go back to my bed and end up having an overdose of sleep. I guess I shall just rest by doing light activities.

I decided I shall be obedient to the doctor's advice, for once, and shall stay at home to rest. My state of health has been declining lately that I reckon if I would like more years to spend with the double bass, I should learn to take moments of rest where necessary.

The consoling thing may be that as I type and write about my disappointments of a cancelled Valentine's date, I still have my dear double bass, my husband standing tall and upright fairly nearby me.

Nevertheless, thank goodness that I am still able to wish all a Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

goldilocks said...

have a proper rest. your family, friends, husband and boyfriend need you.

Waterfall said...

There are few things more delightful than a restful evening at home with one's husband. Hope your rest helps you to feel better.

eastcoastlife said...

oh dear! Hope you are feeling better today. Take care of yourself and do not overwork your body, health is very important.

*Hug*