Monday, July 18, 2011

10 May 2011: Sydney Aquarium

10 May 2011 (Tue):

Sydney Aquarium's opening hours are from 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. My mother and I were advised that we could visit the Sydney Aquarium at night if we prefer to spend the earlier part of the day visiting the other attractions. It would be good to set aside at least two hours to spend at the Sydney Aquarium. As such, I recommend that visitors visit the Sydney Aquarium by 6.00 p.m.

I prefer the Sydney Aquarium to the neighbouring Sydney Wildlife World. Perhaps I have a hidden love for the marine sea creatures swimming away in the waters.



Yet again, the See Sydney Attractions Pass helped my mother and I save on the admission. Usually, the admission would be AUS$34.95 per adult. Pass holder once again gets free entry into the Sydney Aquarium.





My favourite animal was the dugong. I was practically following the dugong for at least 15 minutes! Admittedly, I like the music that was played at that section of the Sydney Aquarium.




The seahorses and the coral reefs section caught my attention as well. They looked simply stunning under the florescent lights.


The shark section was also pretty interesting. However, due to limited time once again, I did not learn as much about sharks as I would like to. I left the Sydney Aquarium with a new knowledge that while most sharks give birth to live young, there are some sharks that lay eggs. There was a shark hatchery inside the Sydney Aquarium that had caught my attention. Check it out if you are there please.

For myself, it may be quite a while before I visit the Sydney Aquarium. I would prefer to visit Port Stephen to see dolphins and whales swimming in the wild! I miss my two visits to Port Stephen which were made in Nov 2010.


Sydney Aquarium
Aquarium Pier, Darling Harbour
Tel: (+61) 2 9262 2300
http://sydneyaquarium.myfun.com.au

All the photos on this post were taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera

No comments: