Saturday, November 06, 2004

Back from Penang

Greetings to readers of this blog. How have you been?

I am back from Penang. The flight arrived in Singapore this morning. Right now, I am feeling a little tired, probably because I only had about 5 hours of sleep when I woke up at 5.30 a.m. this morning.

My vacation in Penang has been generally a pleasant one. There was an attempt not to fill every single day with heavy itinerary. Afterall, I had preferred that this vacation to be one where I could get away temporarily from a fast pace of life to experience life at a slightly slower pace. It proved to be one. I recalled that I was pleasantly recharged, and was experiencing life at a slower pace back in Penang.

Penang has been an enjoyable place to visit. It has good food, helpful and friendly people, and rather nice scenery. Myself and my friend cum travel companion visited places such as: Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Hill, Khoo Kongsi, Botanical Gardens and the War Museum. I love my trip to the War Museum especially. Maybe it is because I have gradually acquired an interest in war history of the region (the Straits Settlements, in particular). Here, I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to my friend cum travel companion for being so gracious to accompany me to the War Museum, despite her reservations of going to a war museum. "Thank you dear."

I hope to publish some more posts to share with you my experiences in my recent trip to Penang. I shall put up most of the posts in my other blog, http://oceanskies79places.blogspot.com/. At the same time, for your convenience, I shall put up a few of the photographs I have taken in Penang up in this blog. If the photos interest you enough, you could read my posts in my other blog for more details about my trip.

Meantime, please take care and have a pleasant weekend.

No comments: