Thursday, November 18, 2004

Liuli Gongfang

Just some moments ago, the television was showing a programme on Liuli Gongfang (http://www.liuli.com/E_index01.htm). Liuli Gongfang was founded by Yang Hui-Shan (a successful film star and a consecutive Best Actress winner of the Golden Horse Award of Taiwan as well as the Asia Pacific Film Festival Award) and Chang Yi (a Best Director winner of the Golden Horse Award and the Asia Pacific Film Festival Award) along with seven other associates of the film industry. Their vision was to create artworks with a modern Chinese style using glass as the medium.

At this point of my writing, the television programme has ended, and there was not much that I saw from it. I had only caught glimpses of about less than three minutes of the programme. Yet in my mind, I recalled how amazed I was with Liuli Gongfang's process of making artworks from glass. I attended an exhibition of some of its works last year, and I was to some extent amazed by the technique and the art.

I shall save my critique. Though some of its works could be improved upon in a few areas, I quite like the artworks by Liuli Gongfang. Somehow, behind each piece of artwork, I could see patience, perseverance, and lots of hope. I have a feeling that there is so much of effort that have been put in for every single piece of work. The process of trying to find the right technique to create the artwork must have been a tediously long one.

To commend the artists for their efforts and perseverance, I thought of writing a short post about Liuli Gongfang. I shall include its URL should you wish to find out more. It is: http://www.liuli.com.cn/

No comments: