Monday, January 31, 2005

Poor in Singapore

My friend, Jing, asked me this evening if I had read the Saturday Special Report found on The Straits Times on 29 Jan 2005. This was a series of articles related to the topic: Poor in Singapore

The Straits Times is one of the most widely-read local English newspaper in Singapore. However, because my family does not subscribe to it, I do not usually read it. Instead, I read the local Chinese newspaper. This is considered rather rare for people of my age. At least I know many of my peers do not read Chinese newspapers. Anyway, I happen to read that article that my friend had mentioned. This was possible because one of my colleagues regularly forward me digest versions of the Straits Times via email almost every work day.

Anyway, here's a link to the article: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sub/saturdayspr/0,5620,43026-1107035940,00.html?. I believe you would be requested to sign up and log in to Straits Times Interactive.

Perhaps you may have insights to share about how we can reach out to the poor and help them help themselves, so please feel free to leave your comments.

No comments: