Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Slow down could I?

Today is a tiring day. I shall not attempt to write too much lately, because I will be having rehearsals on many of the nights of this two weeks. I am hoping to slow down. I wish I could take my own time to appreciate life, at the pace I would have preferred.

I wish I could take time to travel, learn about histories and cultures of different civilisation, learn about Nature itself. I wish I could take time to enjoy nice music and beautiful works of art.

There are roles and responsibilities to fulfil. However, I have only one of me to meet the expectations that I am supposed to fulfil. In the end, if I am locked in fulfiling what I am expected to, I would become more of a slave than myself. And yet, there is still some responsibility to bear in order to contribute to a more meaningful world. How could the balance be striked then?

For now, I wish to slow down. But I fear boredom, not meeting up expectatons, risking unfulfilment when I do. Dilemma, it is a thing that human beings create for themselves

Slow down, could I?

No comments: