Friday, May 05, 2006

Italian Treats

This week has been a very tiring one with a lot of work to be worked on. As such, it was rather tiring for yours truly to wish to blog lately.

Anyway, a post here to thank my friend, Mystic, for a nice treat to a delicious Italian dinner earlier this Wednesday.

We had dinner at the Spageddies Italian Kitchen @ Marina Square's Centre Stage. If I have remembered correctly, we order two main courses: grilled chicken primavera and the pick-and-mix pizza (with ham, mushroom and black olives as the toppings). The olive oil base of the grilled chicken primavera (pasta) went well with the grilled chicken and the vegetables that came with it. Mystic seemed to have enjoyed the pizza too. I like the crust of the pizza and the cheese on it. I like the olives and the mushroom. Mystic was surprised that I actually like black olives.

There was a one-for-one promotion on the main course for UOB (United Overseas Bank) credit card holders. This means that if we were to order a main course, the second one (which should be of the same price or lesser) comes free. Mystic happens to hold an UOB credit card. As such, the dinner was value-for-money. Delicious Italian dinner at reasonable price.

The service there is fairly efficient and attentive. On a weekday evening, the restaurant was full-house, and this does say something positive about the restaurant. It is quite a good place for UOB credit card holders to visit in the month of May 2006.

I am not a credit card holder though. I hold a debit card instead. I sometimes wonder what incentives the credit card companies would get by securing such dining privileges for its card holders? Advise me please.

2 comments:

Ivan Chew said...

PY, it's about customer retention. In this case, credit card companies (i.e. banks) want you to stay as their credit card holders, so that you continue to spend using their cards and hopefully one day you rack up debts and pay interest and so they earn money... ok, sorry I got carried away (but truth of the matter isn't too far off).

oceanskies79 said...

SA: GM card is new to me. Pardon me, this is the first time I have heard of it. Yes, I agree with you about the high interest.

Hi Ivan: I didn't know you would check this space too. oh..... I hope those privileges were merely about customer retention.