Sunday, May 28, 2006

Lunch after the practice

Following the practice today, I headed for a part of the housing estate that I have hardly ventured to. After reading acroamatic's post and the reviews made on Trail of Crumbs, I decided to try something outside my usual diet this afternoon.

I headed for the Botak Jones stall located along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5. I ordered the Cajun (I was told that it's pronounced "Kay-jen") Chicken and the Chicken Gumbo (which means "chicken soup").

The Chicken Gumbo has a novel and interesting taste, and I found myself liking it. The Cajun Chicken Plate looked well presented. The fries appeared to be dusted with some kind of spice mix. I like the taste of the spice mix on the fries albeit that somehow, I felt the fries were a little too salty for my taste. The chicken is served in a delightfully novel way (at least it looked novel to yours truly). For the price of S$6.50 and its reasonably generous serving, the Cajun Chicken Plate was considered quite a value-for-money. But I am biased, I think the tiramisu that I had yesterday was more satisfying for my taste buds.

Overall, the stall's location is a little out-of-the-way, but if I do have cravings for affordable American food, Botak Jones will be one place that will come to my mind. I may consider asking for less salt on the fries the next time.

Click on this link for Botak Jone's locations and operating hours.

7 comments:

Marc said...

Botak Jones is a nice place for all American fare, Ooooo yum. I love gumbo.

Emy said...

looks YUMMYLICIOUS!

I want to try it too! How do you get to the AMK one? The one at tuas is just... a very strange part of singapore nobody ventures to! *haha*

pinto said...

You went! I still haven't tried it. =(

oceanskies79 said...

SA: Ah, lucky SA to get the Cajun food over at where you are.

M: Yum yum, gumbo. Looks like you are quite good at knowing where the good food are.

Emily: You can take the MRT train to Ang Mo Kio, then ask around for the nearest bus stop with bus services 138 and 265, take any of these two bus services to Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, and stop somewhere near Serenade Walk, and cross to the opposite side of the road (Blk 608
Yue Hua Food Place). Or would you like to go there together one day?

Pinto: It's nearby. When time's on your side perhaps?

Emy said...

AHHH sounds complicated...

lets go one day...

whenever you're free. its my hols anyway! =)

oceanskies79 said...

Would weekend be alright? Else we might only be able to check this out together on a Friday evening.

oceanskies79 said...

SA: Come over to Singapore?