Saturday, December 16, 2006

SAFE Singapore

I chanced upon this website, SAFE Singapore, and I found it quite useful. A week ago, I was attending to a phone enquiry while I was at work and some information from this website came in very handy. It enable me to better advise the caller who had called to make the enquiry.

In short, SAFE Singapore consists of parents, families and friends of LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning) persons, who believe in a society that accepts, affirms and empowers everyone to participate fully in it, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. (Click here to view source)

Many months ago, when a good friend of mine revealed that he is gay, I just felt I could not find the appropriate way to respond and to support him. When the news was broken to me, accepting him for who he is came easy, but learning to respond appropriately was the hardest for me then. Now this website could lend some clues: http://safesingapore.blogspot.com/2006/11/faqs-for-friends.html

For those who may find the SAFE Singapore's website (blog) to be a useful resource, you may be pleased to know that I have placed a link to it on my sidebar.

Here's the URL: http://safesingapore.blogspot.com

No comments: