Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday out



In the late afternoon today, I was grateful that I had the time to visit the National Museum of Singapore to check out its Opening Festival. Visiting it brought back memories of the times that I had spent at the museum several years ago. Even though the new section of the museum looks new and contemporary, somehow, I still like the older (refurbished) section of the museum. I found it easier to relate to the older section. As I walked about the museum, I found myself recalling how I had spent my time at this very museum some many years ago. Nostalgic, perhaps?

Anyway, I shall write a separate post on the visit to the museum at a later date.

**
I met one of my good friends for dinner this evening. She had went to Taj Mahal sometime ago, and it was very nice of her to have bought me a booklet containing the history of Taj Mahal and lots of photographs of Taj Mahal. She has also got me a postcard of Raj Ghat. Raj Ghat is the spot where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated. Here's to thank her for the kind and generous thoughts.

The best part was not the book, it was the part where my friend shared with me what she has learnt about Taj Mahal. Her narration of Taj Mahal made the photos on the book seem to come alive.



We had dinner at the Uma Uma Men outlet at Capitol Building. I particularly like the dessert that I had. The ramen was nice too.

Most folks would have heard about Sakae Sushi, which is the flagship brand of Apex-Pal International Pte Ltd. Uma Uma Men is one of the brands of Apex-Pal International Pte Ltd too. For folks who like Japanese noodles, Uma Uma Men is one possible choice to consider.

**
The after-dinner activity was spent yet again at the National Museum of Singapore. However, I have the pleasure to have my friend accompanying me. We found ourselves sitting on an area of grass waiting for Hydromania by Avanti Display to start. I was quite pleased that the grass surrounding the Stamford Entrance of the National Museum of Singapore was of fairly good quality and well-maintained. Folks could sit on the grass quite readily. Sitting on the grass this evening reminded me of the times when I was in United Kingdoms and was sitting happily on the grass to catch performance. There was no need to worry about wet ground and insects. Three cheers to good grass.

Hydromania was quite a refreshing and original performance to watch. If time permits, I shall write a separate post about the performance too.

***
Right now, I am back at home, writing about my day out. May whoever read this post have a restful weekend.

3 comments:

dreaming-neko said...

hmmm... the taj mahal is definitely a majestic place... add to must see list? :P

pinkie said...

uma uma men... seems like the food there are reasonably priced :) thanks for sharing ...

oceanskies79 said...

You are welcome.

The uma uma men outlet at Capital Building is just next to LJS fast-food outlet.

I would say Uma Uma Men's prices are comparable to Sakae Sushi.