Saturday, September 08, 2007

Week 36 of year 2007 on the double bass

2 Sep 2007, Sun: I took some time to practise some parts from Keyper's Romance and Rondo. Sometimes, self-doubts do strike.

5 Sep 2007, Wed: I had strings sectional and orchestra rehearsals in the evening. To be honest, I prefer to attend double bass sectional to strings sectional. I find the former more beneficial. We rehearsed C. H. Gounod's Faust, selected movements from G. Bizet's Carmen Suite No.1 and Carmen Suite No.2, selections from King and I and Phantom of the Opera.

6 Sep 2007, Thu: One hour never seems to be enough when it comes to double bass lesson. For the lesson, I worked on Faure's Sicilienne and Keyper's Romance and Rondo. I have to strive for shorter bow strokes for a certain section of Keyper's Romance and Rondo.

7 Sep 2007, Fri: I took leave from work to practise. It felt great after the end of the day after all the practice. I worked on Faure's Sicilienne, Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro, Marcello's Sonata in G major and selected sections from Keyper's Romance and Rondo. I also had time to practise scales, and some studies from Hartley's Double Bass Solo Book I.

8 Sep 2007, Sat: Many thanks to J for putting time once again to rehearse with me. I don't know how to thank her enough. In the morning, J and I worked on Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. We have managed to play this work from beginning to end. In addition, we went through all the other programme for the recital component of the exams. Things are looking good. I just need to build my stamina up and wish for healing for the little finger so that I could play throughout the entire recital component without feeling too much fatigue. I wish for good luck.

**
I'm on track, and now what I need is more good luck and good health.

3 comments:

crazycat said...

seems like u are really busy! jia you!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Msfeline, I am striving to practise four days per week, at least 15 minutes each day.

Simple American said...

*big hugs*

Really proud of your perseverance.