Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Discomfort and More

The hip pain is back. Strangely, the hip at times hurts even when I am sitting. I wonder why?

It is not timely that the air in Singapore has been pretty bad lately. There seems so much pollution in the air. To be honest, the air isn't really so awfully polluted. But in my standard, the air is too poor for me to live in comfort. Poor air triggers the cough, and the cough is such a horrible one. It feels as if one day, my chest might rip apart from the cough, and my head might burst from the vibrations from the cough.

But if you would like to read a happy post, I could write about the double bass lesson today. I went through some orchestral excerpts for today's lesson. I've played the melodic and harmonic minor scales, and they were still a little shaky. Playing scales seem to be easy on my boyfriend than on my husband (the double bass at my home). But I will most likely be using my husband for the music exams. To be fair, he does have his own merits.

After the lesson, a few of us went celebrated Emily's birthday. It was a belated birthday celebration, and we celebrated it over a simple dinner at Munchie Monkeys in NUS. The food was reasonable good for its price.

Right now, I am feeling tired. The hip pain and the cough still comes on intermittenly. How does one make the discomfort and pain go away?

3 comments:

Emy said...

munchie monkeys rocks!

thanks for dinner! thanks for my birthday present. you really shouldnt have =)

anyway, get well soon. cough and everything...

mistipurple said...

besides muscle strain causing the hip pain, i think alot of it is stress related. i went through one period having the pains so bad that i yelled on sitting down and getting up. i pasted 'japanese plasters' even, and they helped. in retrospect, i strongly believe it was extreme stress for me then.

meditation might help, or 'the relaxation process' where you tense and loosen every muscle in your body, till they can go on cue to relax when you say the 'cue word', eg. 'relax' or 'peace', etc.

pinkie said...

tink it's best to see a doctor even if the pain is on and off...