Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend of Work

If last week was a weekend of indulgence, this weekend was a weekend of work.

First of all, I am pleased to inform you that I have completed the four questions that my music theory tutor has assigned me for the week. If music theory exams were open-book exams, I would have scored pretty well. Now, I have to learn to remember those music harmony rules and guides by heart, so that these would be at my fingertips. Bear with me if you were to see strange numbers and roman numerals pasted on my walls. Those would be meant to help me remember the rules.

Next, much of weekend was spent checking through the Chinese dictionary, the English-Chinese dictionary, and on doing some thinking and research. I had to go to my office to get these done. If not, with the cough and the coughing, all that I can think of when I am at home is to rest and sleep. It's work that is official in nature.

After working so much on a weekend, I decided to treat myself to this exhibition titled Power Dressing this evening, at the Asian Civilisation Museum (Empress Place). That was my second time to the exhibition, and I suspect that I might have caught glimpses of the curator of this exhibition when I was there this evening.

My experience this evening was much better than my previous one, even though I had decided to focus on viewing just a few of the exhibits due to time constraints. It seemed that my appreciation of the textiles have greatly been enhanced after attending the talk, Power Dressing Up!, last Saturday.

Then I treated myself to Japanese food for dinner to reward myself for doing so much work on a weekend. I like the soft-shell crab, but somehow, I must have ate my dinner far too fast, I felt quite there was a lot of "gas" in the throat area just now.

I keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow would turn out fine, and things would be within my ability to manage. Have a good week ahead folks.

No comments: