Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let light drive away the darkness


I dedicate this to SA, who plays the drum



Earlier this Monday, I was at the Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay to attend a concert by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO). That was a gala concert featuring Lori Maazel and the SSO. I did not quite enjoy the Violin Concerto, but I quite like the rest of the programme, including the encore. It was one of the better SSO concerts that I have heard.

After the concert, I was attracted to the outdoor displays placed at the Forecourt of the Esplanade. The lights looked beautiful against the darkness of the night. I like the theme too: Musicians.

Search for the display of a double bassist. I really don't agree that that particular display is that of a cellist. I heard someone said it is a display of someone playing a cello. Cellist or Double bassist, please just sit back and enjoy the photos of the displays.

Imagine an ensemble playing music in the darkness. Music fills the night. Let the light drive the darkness away.

I don't know about you, but I was fascinated with the displays. I love the contrast between the lights and the darkness. A self-disclosure: I am biased, I prefer string instruments to wind instruments. You can probably tell so from the photos.










The pianist looked so focused.

6 comments:

pinkie said...

nice! thanks for sharing :)

mistipurple said...

cool! i love the pics, and that SA plays the drum! "boom chak kaboom cheng cheng cheng..." :P

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Thanks for the compliments. =)

SA: Yes, I agree the lights are cool. Glad to know you like the drummer exhibit.

Misti: Good to know that you like it.

Anonymous said...

may a humble sax player accompany the bass and drums sometime?

oceanskies79 said...

Instant winston: Welcome, please come on board. =)

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Cash, thanks for your compliments and for visiting.