Sunday, April 02, 2006

A palate for Turkish food

Lately, I have been trying to exposing my palate to the not-so-regular tastes. Maybe it is my way of trying to humour myself.

Several days ago, I tried out Burmese cuisine. Maybe I have chosen the dishes that did not suit my palate, for some reasons, I did not quite enjoyed those dishes I have chosen. I did not like the salad that I had chosen. I don't think I have eaten that kind of vegetable before. I just could not get used to its taste.

Thankfully, the dessert saved the day. The egg pudding was nicely made and brought some nostalgic feel. Somehow, it reminded me of custard pudding that I used to eat when I was a child.

***
This evening, I tried the Turkish cuisine from Deliturk Turkish Restaurant-Cafe located at Suntec City Mall. Turkish food seems to suit my tastebuds much better than Burmese food. I know I am biased. I like food done in certain way.

The sliced lamb was nicely done and it went very well with the yogurt. I like the pide bread that came with the sliced lamb. The texture was just right.

The waiter from the Turkish restaurant recommended me one of the desserts and it tasted great. I like the texture, it was superb. I have not eaten a dessert like that before. The uniqueness of it made it score good marks from me. The only criticism was that it was a little too sweet for my tastebuds, but sipping some plain water has helped lessen the overly-sweet feeling.

Please pardon me, I must have been too engrossed in my own world. As such, I can't remember the name of the dessert. If I were to dine there again, I shall try to remember the name of that dish.

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

turkish desserts tend to be overly sweet, but i do like them! orchard plaza had a stall once, and i crave for those sugar laden sweets sometimes.

oceanskies79 said...

The turkish ice-cream....I like to see how the ice-cream man would try to play tricks with the buyer.....

Anonymous said...

both of you not right !!!

this tasty dessert called "KUNEFE"
it is not like anything you ever tried. if you go to DELITURK TURKISH CUISINE again just ask for the best dessert , they will tell you no need to remember the name.....

oceanskies79 said...

Yes Sir.

Anonymous said...

Burmese food in Singapore is abhorrent. And that comes from a Burma-born Burmese (i.e. me).

Food at DeliTurk was so satisfying. I've just had an unplanned dinner there with my 'wife'. (=