Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Practice on 26 April 06

Today, I took time off from work so that I can take a short nap before the dinner. That did not quite help to lift the spirits up though.

However, at the very least, I was less tired after the nap, and able to help the strength to practise on the double bass. Practising on my husband, the double bass, seems to have the power to help make one feel more refreshed.

This evening, I spent some time practising the first and second movement of the Marcello's Sonata in G minor. My playing did not sound the best this evening, but it was recharging to simply play on the double bass. Hopefully, with time, I could be more proficient in playing this sonata.

I also practised playing the minor scales. Playing minor scales is so much more challenging than playing major scales. Admittedly, I was feeling a little discouraged with this evening's playing of the minor scales. So, I decided to end the evening's practice with the playing of the f melodic minor scale slowly. It was certainly much easier to play f melodic minor scale than g-sharp melodic minor scale on the double bass. I reckon I should do myself a service by ending the practice with a scale that I can better manage.

With more practice, I should gradually get better with the playing of scales, but I am still quite worried about playing the Contemporary piece from List B of the ABRSM syllabus. I have yet to decide what to play.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

contemporary is something you can 'get away' with, because it is not rigid in that sense. have fun! i always love my last pieces of contemporaries! (partly it's my personality lah, i relate better to them.) :D

oceanskies79 said...

I hope. Thanks for being encouraging, Misti. I find it harder to relate to the music, more so the rhythms.