Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Crispy Treat

No photo here. My apologies. I just don't want to be mistaken as a suspicious looking commercial spy when I am having my meals.

Anyway, while I am not a roti prata fanatic, but this place sells one of the nicest crispy prata that I know of in Singapore:

The Roti Prata House
246M & 246K Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574370
Tel: 6459 5260
Business hours: 24 hours


I managed to find about 20 minutes to stop by the above eatery to savour its crispy prata.

I prefer roti prata done in the crispy way. When I tried the curry sauce that comes with the roti prata, I like it. Now I wish I have more vocabulary in describing food to share how it tasted like.

The roti prata was better. I had one plain roti prata and one roti prata with egg. Both are nice and crispy, and they are served hot. I can't tell what flour was used but both the roti prata that I had ordered gave a nice fragrance and taste. The prata went well with the tea that I had ordered. All for the price of S$2.40.

The place also sells other Indian cuisine such as Murtabak, Mee Goreng, Mutton Soup and so forth.

A fairly nice way to take a breather. I wonder whether prata would be on JY's list of things to eat when she's back in Singapore this July for a short visit?

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

SA, you'll need more than a week, if you ever get here..

PY, i loveeeee crispy prata! they're so fattening though and soooo bad for the heart. but then, everything that tastes good is bad for the heart. lol!

goldilocks said...

please don't make me drool... mercy, mercy...