Friday, June 09, 2006

Nine fingers' show

I wonder what the signs are telling?

This evening, my right index fingers start to lose its dexterity. It hurts when I were to bend it in any direction. Ouch, it hurts. Then I am starting to get worried if I would be able to play pizzicato (method of producing sound on a strings instrument by plucking the string) on the double bass again. I fear that I may need to find other ways to better balance the double bass on my right hand.

It is now a 9 fingers' show. I am now just typing using 9 fingers. The right index finger is "hovering" in the air now. I don't know if I have been typing too many reports lately. Now the right index finger is on strike? Even my neck is feeling strained from watching the monitor. I still have a pile of reports to work on at work. Well, I'll take a break over this weekend first.

Should I wait for some crack doctor to tell me that the pain of the right index finger is just minor issues not worthy of further attention? What if it is otherwise?

Well, I had wanted to write about the Vegetable Orchestra performance that I have attended tonight, but I shall shelf this for another day. This is about all my nine fingers are willing to type, for now.

4 comments:

goldilocks said...

hi PY. do see the doctor then. it might be stress-related but just ask the doc if it's something you should be concerned about.

mistipurple said...

blogsending a TLC care-pack for your right index finger.

thanks for your electricity. it brightened my way home from work half hour back.

dreaming-neko said...

thank heavens for the other 9 fingers :P

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks folks. The finger somehow is back to its working order.